Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Spark

After I got home with the gravestone-having had to drag it up the stairs so that little chunks kept coming off of it- I dropped it in the middle of the room with a loud bang. I bet people appreciated that downstairs, I thought. Hehehe. This place was beginning to have an effect on me, it was making me not even care about what others felt. Why should I care? No one cares about me. No one's ever cared about me. That's why I moved to this shithole, because the last place kicked me out.
BOOM!
An explosion rocked the apartment's foundations. Uhh...that wasn't because of my new table, was it? I thought. Then I glimpsed red outside of the window. Running towards it, I realized that I may have indeed caused the explosion, but not with my table. The food carts were all on fire down at the carnival. I randown the stairs and out the door to go see more and figure out what happened. Maybe I could redeem myself by helping out.
I walked up to a nun, thinking that out of everybody here she would be the one to tel me the truth. "What happened?" I asked.
"Well the food cart guy came back from somewhere screaming his head off about some dirty thief, and then he noticed that the rest of his chicken had been stolen while he was away. He flew into a rage and pulled out some dynamite from his beard, and exploded the cart! I woud be scared if I were that original thief, the vendor started shouting all these death threats about him.
Oh shiiiit, I thought. Gotta go.
But not before I noticed the nun put her arm around a clown. A clown? I thought nuns didn't date...this place really is changing people. Maybe she wasn't so trustworthy after all. I stared into the flames licking at the cloth tent that the carts were up against. This place is gonna be burned to the ground. No point in staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment