Friday, April 29, 2011

The Power of Beer

I was feeling like shit after what happened at the playground. I pretty much did the opposite of what I set out to do! And now I had a cellphone and I didn't even know it's number. I needed a drink.

I headed over to the bar. I hadn't been yet, because when I drink my compulsions usually get worse. But I didn't care anymore. However, I sat down at a table because I was hungry too. I was in the mood for some wings, so I asked for a dozen and a cold beer.

*BZZZ*

My pocket had lit up. Looking at the cellphone screen gave me the view MOM. I quickly rejected the call. No way was I gonna talk to the owner's mom, haha. How ridiculous. Maybe I should see if there's a home number and return it...but the thought of facing her, no I couldn't do it. Not yet anyways.

The waiter came over and gave me my chicken wings and I devoured them quickly, washing it down with the beer. After a large burp, I gave a cursory glance around the room. I saw a very pretty woman at a table near me. Who's that? I wondered. All of a sudden my self confidence came rushing back. I'll try one more time...so before I could convince myself otherwise my legs had brought me over to her table and sat me down.

"Hey, I'm Kalvin."

No comments:

Post a Comment